This policy covers:
- How we collect information about you
- What types of personal information we hold
- What we use your personal data for
- Our website and the information we collect
- Keeping your data safe
- When we share your personal information with other organisations
- Contacting you and your marketing preferences
- Data retention
- Updates to our privacy notice
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you when you purchase or book one of our products or services; sign up to our newsletters or make an enquiry (via email, over the phone or on our website).
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD
We will process personal data in connection with enquiries, purchases and bookings of our products and services, which may include:
- Personal and contact details. This will usually include name, email and postal address
- A record of contact with us such as via the telephone or by email
- Products and services you have booked with us, as well as those you have been interested in
- If you purchase a shotgun or firearm from us, your licence number
- Your date of birth and gender
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We may use your personal information to:
- Process your enquiry, booking or purchase
- Provide you with information, such as quotations
- Notify you of any updates or changes to your purchase, enquiry or booked service
- Update your records and the information we hold about you
- Monitor and keep records of our communications with you and our staff
- Manage and audit our business
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations and requirements
OUR WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect visitor data and analyse traffic on our site for our own usage. This information helps us understand customer interests and helps us improve our website.
We may also use software tools such as Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, source, length of visits, and page interaction information (such as clicks). This data collected may also include your device, browser, operating system, referral information and other standard information collected by default by Google Analytics.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SAFE
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We endeavour to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised use of personal data and accidental loss of personal data.
Personal information is stored in our internal database system. It is used solely to conduct business, and it is always handled discretely and in a way which safeguards your privacy.
We perform regular backups of our database systems and web servers, and we store backups in a secure location. We take every reasonable effort to ensure that the data on our servers and on our backups remain secure.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS
We may share information with essential and relevant third parties for the purposes of providing you with a good or service – for example, gun fit measurements would be sent to our gunsmith.
CONTACTING YOU AND YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES
In conducting business transactions, we will contact you by e-mail and/or telephone. In addition, we would like to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. We may use your postal address and email address to contact you according to the marketing preferences we hold on record for you.
You can choose whether to receive marketing information from us. To change the type of communications you’re happy for us to send you; edit or remove your personal details please contact us by the phone number or email address detailed at the start of this policy.
We will hold your personal information for as long as required for us to provide our products and services to you and for as long as we have legitimate business needs, for example where we are under certain binding legal obligations, where information is required for audit purposes, by the government or other institutions or where we have another legitimate business reason.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us at any time. If you would like to do so, please contact us by the phone number or email address detailed at the start of this policy.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Registered in England: 04134274
VAT No: 224725027
Registered office: 31/33 Commercial Road, Poole, Dorset, BH14 0HU